This is fresh, raw pain people. I had to walk away from the dinner table and immediately call my Mommy.
My beautiful almost four year old daughter who has the most gorgeous blond hair just chopped it.
When?
God only knows...
I've been with her all day.
We just sat down at the dinner table, got ready to pray and I looked at her straight on.
Oh. My. ----------
(just fill in the blank however you would prefer)
She has never had a real haircut.
Just teeny tiny trims - in an effort to grow it long.
She was a BALD baby people. She took forever to grow her hair in...especially on the sides.
She now has a mullet.
An uneven mullet at that.
And her baby super blond hair is gone. I can't get it back.
It is already coming in a darker blond and I have been sad that the she wouldn't be keeping the really blond hair for longer.
I don't think I can salvage the length. I think she going to have a bob.
And guys don't understand. "It will grow back." they say.
Ugh.
And I need to deal and get over it and not pass on to my beautiful daughter that what is on the outside is the most important. We all know it's not.
But this is sad.
Really sad.
By the way, we found a pile of hair and kid safe scissors on her bed.





10 comments:
Ohhhhh I don't know what to say...I only wish that I was there to help try to fix it. I'm thinking that maybe she wants to look like her pretty Mommy with her shorter hairstyle. Sometimes this Mommy business can be very trying...to say the least.....I'm sorry for the loss...Mum
Ohh my! My only condolences come in the form of a story. My poor father decided to cut my hair one day when I was about Addison's age. He confidently picked up the scissors and cut my bangs. Cut them WAAAYYY shorter than he should have, and with just one single snip. It was only afterwards that he and I realized that he had grabbed my mother's pinking shears to do the cutting. So not only were my bangs too short, they were zig zags too! My sister and her friend just pointed and laughed. I know that it doesn't make the hair grow back, and I know that I wish that I still had the angelic blonde hair that Addison has. Big sigh. Life. Lot's of love and hugs to you and yours. Ali :)
Oh, Ali...that is quite a story! That is a use for pinking shears I have not heard of before! Although I did use my fabric scissors to try to trim her hair tonight...they were my sharpest pair!
I love Ali's story!!!! Adi is STILL darling, bless her heart! So sorry to hear and so sorry I laughed when you called...it IS kind of funny but I would have been devastated if Ash had done it! Give her kisses and hugs from her amused Auntie!
Mullet or no mullet she is just so beautiful Court.
But oh my Mama heart is really sad for you about all of this.
Not to scare you but David's little sister Greta chopped her beautiful blond hair off not once but three times...two of which were both right before her big sisters weddings. On a more reassuring note, her hair all grew back in just as blond as ever. And it looks to me like you did a really sweet job on the trim up! xo Oh, and that picture of Addison on the swing is too, too precious.
Oh Courtney! Sorry, momma:( You really did do a nice job on the fix, she's still a doll.
This reminds me of a time when I was working in the salon and some parents brought in their 4 year old daughter. Her 6 year old brother had decided to cut her hair...a Mohawk right down the middle of her head (technically it started in the middle and went a little off-center towards the back) the "hawk" was about 2 inches long and the sides were mostly as they had been minus a few notches here and there. It was truly unfix-able. I will never forget that dad's face - he was seething and still so mad at his boy he could hardly look at him. I remember feeling a little bad for the boy and his adventure gone awry...
Hugs,
Bonnie
oh I hear you I seriously Cried over Cades.... and I remember with Rylan how long she had a mullet and I peladed for it to grow.
ohhhhh sad sad for you.
but I'll be darned if itsn't the cutest pony I have ever seen.
I must blog the new photo I have of Cades cut growing out.. scary scary.
Oh this is truly mama sad. I feel your pain. But she honestly looks adorable! You did a good job!
Would it make you feel better if I shared that Lionel did this to ME once, in an attempt to save money? I cried all afternoon. His answer? I thought I would try it on one side and see if it looked okay before I cut the other side!
For reals. : )
My youngest daughter cut her own hair over and over. I'd find pieces of hair behind the couch, under the front porch, in the bathroom....she could find a scissors within a mile radius.
I did save and date all the pieces I found. Some day you will laugh. Some day this will be a cherished memory. At the time, however, it is a painful experience you relive every time you look at her adorable face and see the mullet.
Oh, Courtney, how awful (although she still looks perfectly beautiful!). Since I have older kids, I can say from experience that these 'adventures' are not fun to live through, but do make the sweetest memories of "when they were little". Rachel wasn't a hair-cutter, but she shaved off part of her eyebrow with daddy's razor. Twice. (And trust me, there's no fixin' that one, honey, although they too grew back.)
And my friend's daughter cut her own hair and her younger sister's hair... with cuticle scissors... while sitting at their dad's feet while he watched a football game on tv. Poor little sister went from hair half-way to her waist to a chin-length bob. And it turned out adorable.
So take lots of pictures, give lots of hugs, cry when you need to... and try to remember that someday you really will laugh about it, and Addison will too. :-) Love you!
Post a Comment