So for my second edition of "Make Something {from Pinterest} Monday" I'm cheating just a teeny tiny bit!
And considering I haven't posted since last Monday this may become a MSFPM heavy blog!
This morning I checked my email and had a lovely surprise....remember when I posted about my 35th birthday bash and said you would be seeing a lot more of it?
Well, these photos were actually taken by my other super talented photographer friend Chelle.
I'm going to share these photos under the Pinterest challenge because there were a number of things inspired by this little old internet and Pinterest specifically. As I did last week, I will post my Pinterest inspirations at the end of the post because I still haven't figured out how to add them earlier in my posts!
So the lights, I'm sure you've seen gorgeous photos floating around the web with these globe lights.
Oh, the magic! I so badly wanted to recreate this look and with ZERO outside lighting in my backyard I knew I would need something. They took a bit of arguing to hang and some creative rigging at that. (See the umbrella weirdly anchoring the middle of the deck?) Yeah, not my idea but it did work to lift the lights above my guests heads!
The glow was so beautiful! My out of town family guests did enjoy this space for a few days after the party.
Sadly, we haven't been out there enjoying the glow since.
These fun paper straws were also inspired by parties I'd seen online...there is that scrumdidaleosous Margarita I mentioned.....really, the best I've had.
The big fat huge balloons that my sister could barely fit in my minivan...those were scored off the internet as well as spotted in every cute photo shoot floating around.
The hanging mason jar lanterns...check.
The chocolate chip stuffed raspberries...Pinterest, yep.
And the funky, vintage layered tablecloths, Pinterest, oh yeah!
And for your enjoyment...and mine, a few of the other gorgeous photos Chelle sent my way!
The photographer's husband....
Those zinnias...one of my favorite flowers just because of their variety of vibrant colors!
I believe these appetizers were taken from Pinterest too....hmm.....can you believe my brother-in-law assembled these? Impressed I was.
I loved these napkins..they came from Shop Sweet Lulu along with the balloons, straws and little polka dot candy cups that the raspberries sat in. Wonderful website for party supplies!
Just one of the two food tables...we had gobs and gobs of delicious food!
Are you tired of these party pictures yet?
Good, because I still have Andi's to show you!
And you know what? I changed my mind.
I'm not going to put my Pinterest inspirations photos here because I'm too lazy.
If you want to see them, feel free to click over to my Pinterest boards and enjoy all the eye candy!













4 comments:
Oh my, everything is adorable and delightful! It HAD to have been a wonderful party. So many things I want to re-create for my backyard. I needed some inspiration for projects to do while it rains and rains and rains this winter. Happy Belated Birthday!
Your party looks so amazing. I love how you out everything together so festive and fun and ah-mazing. BTW, love, love, love pinterest, just started following you.
I'm so inspired by you, Courtney.
That party was better than any magazine. You are like the perfect combination of Martha and Mary. You are so above and beyond impressive with every thing you do, but still so down to earth and humble. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you to admire and let's face it: to emulate!
Love you so much!
What Chany said. :) xo
Post a Comment